Do you fear fats and avoid them in your diet? Well don't! Everyday we are learning more about the role fats play in our daily diet. What fats are we consuming? To stay healthy,don't leave out the good fats in your diet.
The truth is,not all fats are created equal. There are different types of fats and some are more healthier than others.
Bad Fats. These are fats which you should avoid which include fats and trans fats. These can be raises of bad cholesterol (LDL) levels in your blood.
Good Fats. These are the health heroes which include the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These fats raise good cholesterol while lowering the bad.
There are also "in-between" fats which fall somewhere in the middle.
Choose Good,Healthy Fats
Our bodies need healthy fats.These fats help the body absorb essential vitamins and minerals and protect the organs. They also keep the mind sharp and the body warm.
We need essential dietary fats so out bodies will function well. It's a major source of energy and essential for muscle movement and long term health. Eating the right kind of fats can protect you against heart disease,maximize your metabolism,and even assist you to lose weight.
These fats improve blood cholesterol levels and support hearth health.They mostly come from vegetables,nuts,seeds,and fish
Here are some good sources of fat you can include in your diet.
- Avocados. They are packed with fiber,folate,Vitamins E,C and B6 and potassium.
- Oils. Use olive or canola oil instead of butter or margarine in salad dressings,when cooking or baking.
- Fish. Fish like salmon, albacore tuna,sardines,lake trout and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fats.
- Whole eggs. They can lower cholesterol level while improving heat health.
- Nuts. Almonds,walnuts,hazelnuts,and pecans are good for you.
- Seeds. Flax-seeds,chia seeds,sunflower seeds contain good fats.
- Dairy.Goats milk,yogurt and a slice of cheese are good options.
It's time to embrace healthy fats and embrace them as part of your daily eating plan.
Remember - like all foods,it's important to consume these healthy fats in moderation.