Boost your Energy with Healthy Snacks
Boost your energy with healthy snacks swap unhealthy foods for healthy snacks is an important part of having a healthy diet. Do you feel your energy take a nosedive around 10 am or 3 pm? Do you think you need another cup of coffee? No- what you need is a healthy snack to power you in between meals.
While we often conjure snack with a bag of chips,soda cans,cookies or candy bars,snacking can be a great way to boost your energy but we need to make sure its healthy options. Choosing nutritious healthy snacks is going to fill the void between meals.
So what should you snack on?
Here are snacks that can keep those hunger pangs at bay and give you energy without packing on the kilos.
- Whole grain crackers.These contain fiber which will help us stay full
- Fresh apples.These are high in fiber and low in calories
- Yogurt: This snack packs an energizing punch,select labelled probiotics as these contain good bacteria and calcium.
- Veggies and hummus: These healthy energy boosting snack will satisfy your cravings.
- Almonds and walnuts: Replenish your energy with their protein and fiber content.
- Hard-boiled egg: Packs plenty of vitamins and protein to produce energy.
- Quinoa: This snack gives you a long-lasting fuel boost.
Keep your snacks on track. Make sure to remember these tips so you"ll snack smarter - whether you're at home,at work.
- Plan your snacking options and have on hand.
- Have a nutrient-rich snack that's low in saturated fats and sugars
- Have snacks on hand to maintain your fuel levels
- When rushing to shop for a snack,look at healthy choices of nibbles,like a fresh food cup.
- Beat your low energy and mood by staying hydrated with a glass of water.
- Eat fresh foods to help you keep full and stabilize your blood sugar level.